After the fraternal greetings at 9 am, we the members of Education Forum went to the chapel for half an hour of adoration. It was a wonderful experience with the Eucharistic lord. When the meeting started, few hand outs were distributed to the members on the agenda of the day.
Fr. Thadews the counselor in charge of Education welcomed and thanked Rev. Fr. Ignacimuthu, the provincial for his guidance and support. He also thanked all the fathers working in our schools for bringing forth hundred percent results in 10, 11, and 12th Board exams during 2017-2018. The following were the points discussed:
- common logo for all our schools in Tamil Nadu
- Common school anthem for all our SFS Schools in the country
- Common software managed by our own confreres
- Venue for the Inter school competitions: it were decided to hold it every alternative year
and the next inter school competition would be held in SFS School, Pudukkottai
Fr. Nicholas the Bursar thanked all the confreres working in the schools for the wholehearted support and cooperation during 2017-18. He also emphasized the importance of accounting and budgeting system. Any new projects, he said, is to be submitted either in the month of July or December.
Fr. Provincial addressed the Forum and he insisted few significant Points:
- To go through collective decisions and witness.
- To follow the rules and regulations laid down by the government pertaining to Educational and Training Institutions and its functions.
- To work in support of widening and animating the charism of our congregation and actualizing the mission and vision of our founder.
- To be conscious of ourselves as religious and not as corporate agents, etcAfter the final prayers, we concluded our meeting.
Fr. M. Simon Prabu